Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fiend in L.A.

Yay! The Crafty Fiend finally has some internet! Hip hip hooray!

The family vacation is going well...we are staying in Walnut, L.A., which is basically Little Taiwan. My parents have found old school Taiwanese cuisine here that they were not able to find in Taiwan! My aunt just retired and is moving here for a few months to improve her English...however, she has yet been in a situation where she is forced to speak English since everyone here speaks Chinese Mandarin.

Family vacations are trying at times...we're all cooped up in an apartment, jetlagged, exhausted, and irritable...but everyone makes up at dinner time. Cooking and eating bring people together, no matter how cranky they are!

We have just gotten back from a weekend at the fair city of San Diego. I'm always the happiest when I am by an ocean, so I was a happy camper. We visited the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and the tackiest, but fun, tikki-themed restaurant where all the servers wore Hawaii shirts.

Tomorrow, we are headed for Las Vegas for two nights, so...wish me luck!

Hopefully, I can get my paws on some pictures and videos soon for the blog :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment